5-Star-Rated Orthodontist for Orthodontic Solutions Including Airway Orthodontics in Charles Town, Martinsburg, & Falling Waters, WV
RS Orthodontics is a 5-star-rated orthodontist in West Virginia that specializes in children’s early orthodontic treatment, including airway orthodontics. We have been providing top-quality orthodontic care to both adults and children for over a decade and have served more than 2,000 patients throughout the Charles Town, Martinsburg, and Falling Waters areas. Our commitment to improving our methods and technologies has made us a leading orthodontist office in the region.
Our Orthodontic Services
At RS Orthodontics, we offer a wide range of orthodontic services to meet all your needs. Whether you’re looking for braces, Invisalign, or early orthodontic treatment, we have you covered. Our team will work with you to design a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and goals. Some of our services include:
- Orthodontic evaluation: Our team will evaluate your teeth and jaw to determine the best course of treatment for you.
- Braces: We offer traditional metal braces, ceramic braces, and other options to help straighten your teeth.
- Invisalign: We offer clear aligners that are virtually invisible and can straighten your teeth without the need for traditional braces.
- Airway orthodontics: This is a specialized branch of orthodontics that focuses on the relationship between a person’s dental and facial structure and their ability to breathe effectively. Misalignment of the teeth, jaw, and facial bones can often cause issues related to the airway, such as breathing difficulties and sleep-related breathing disorders.
We work with several companies to offer flexible payment options and include retainers in our treatment fee to help maintain your new smile after treatment. We also use the latest technology to ensure that your treatment is as efficient and effective as possible, especially in the case of children and orthodontic solutions for breathing issues.
Early Childhood Orthodontic Treatment
Early orthodontic treatment can help prevent minor problems from becoming far more serious in the future. At RS Orthodontics, we follow the recommendation of the American Association of Orthodontists that children see an orthodontist at age seven for an initial evaluation. Although most children do not need early orthodontic treatment (also sometimes called “Phase One orthodontic treatment”), there are certain bite, jaw, or tooth development problems where early orthodontic treatment can be beneficial.
Some signs your child may need early orthodontic treatment include:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth (children should typically start losing teeth at age five and have all permanent teeth by 13)
- Mouth breathing (which can cause an “open bite” where the front teeth don’t touch)
- Thumb-sucking or finger-sucking after age five
- Speech impediments
- Protruding teeth (the top and bottom teeth extend away from each other)
Some missing teeth, extra teeth, or teeth growing in the wrong direction may only be detectable by a trained orthodontist. Other issues like tooth crowding, extra space between teeth, or bad bites can be inherited or caused by injury to the mouth and may necessitate early orthodontic treatment as well. Because every child is different and has different needs, a visit with our orthodontist, Dr. Sebbahi, is the best way to determine if your child needs orthodontic treatment.
If your child exhibits any signs mentioned above, please contact RS Orthodontics and schedule an appointment for an early evaluation. Our team will provide your child with an initial complimentary (free) exam, and we will also discuss the best steps for protecting your child’s smile. Call us at 304.316.6386 or click here to book your child’s early evaluation or early treatment appointment today.
If you’re ready to start the journey to a better smile, come experience RS Orthodontics! You will see that we offer effective orthodontic treatments for adults and children in Charles Town, Martinsburg, and Falling Waters, WV—and we do it with a smile.